Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kade & Kelli's Baja Cruise with he Cottam Family

We had a great adventure on our Baja Cruise with the Cottam Family. We left on July 12th in our car with everyone piled in and all the luggage on the luggage carrier my dad had made out of steel on the back. It was a large load, but our Expedition did great.

On Catalina Island we went snorkeling in the ocean and it was very scary for me, but very fun when I wasn't hyperventilating. My sweet brother Chad made sure to sing the theme to "Jaws" when I first got into the water. It was funny.
Don't we look great in our snorkeling outfits!
We took these pictures with a water proof camera. Kade and Chad found some abalone shells at the bottom of the kelp forest we were in. It was a thrilling experience!
Tuesday night was 'formal night' and we dressed up fancy and it was so much fun. We even went dancing for just a little bit after dinner. We did get this picture taken of us and it was worth buying. Kade looks SO handsome! We are so happy together!
My dress was lots of fun to wear!
We always enjoyed dinner time. We felt so 'guest of honor' - like with the waiter serving us and the full course meals. We had lobster tails that night and they were delicious!
That night we had our bed turned down by our maid and she left us the itinerary for Wednesday, some chocolate mints and a cute puppy from towels.
On Wednesday we went to Ensenada, Mexico. We went kayaking in the ocean to La Bufadora (the blowhole).
Once again we were in wet suits, and it was so funny watching us all try and get into them. We were quite a show. Clint and Chad came with us.
We had the best view of La Bufadora from the ocean. It was SO scary to be in the ocean with the ocean swells and jellyfish in the water. We had dolphins swim just along side our group of kayaks! It was amazing and completely frightening, but we had a great adventure.




Wednesday we had this cute Elephant made of towels.
We had 24/7 food on the ship and it was very tasty. Here is a picture of my breakfast on Thursday. Thursday was a "Day at Sea".
We all met for a formal breakfast.

We decided to have a bit of down time in the afternoon after Kade watched ice carving and I hit the gym for my own personal "Carnival Cruise Half Marathon" that I did half on a treadmill and half on the outdoor track.
While Kade took a nap and I started writing our TV had an electrical fire in our cabin. The ship staff were worried we would freek out about it, but once they realized we were cool with it and the fact they were trying to make everything better again then they relaxed a lot.

While they were freshening our room from the electrical fire we went and played real shuffle board. Kade and I won 5 out of 6 games against poor Clinty and Chad. It was fun!
We played Jenga in the ship library.
Kade had watched this ice sculpture made earlier.
We also played mini golf and I got a hole in one! I only ever get a hole in one when I am on a cruise. I guess we better go on more cruises :)


We did karaoke!
I sang "Dancing Queen"
Kade sang "Bohemian Rhapsody"
My brothers helped with the air guitar. It was a blast!
Thursday night we had a cute bunny out of towels.
We sneeked up to the top deck to get in a smooch in the moon light. Ahhh, so romantic!
My mom and I had to show off our sun burned legs.
We had a great cruise! We look forward to going on another some day!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

How fun! You look AMAZING in that blue dress. This seals it - I need to go on a cruise with Roger!

Jax said...

You look amazing in ALL the pictures. It's strange to see you all womanly when I still think of you as a cute teenager in my mind!

I'm glad you had a good time...& by the way...what happened to your baby? HE'S HUGE!!!

Kyler and Hillary said...

wow, this cruise really does look like a blast! you guys had fun. I am very proud of you for being in the ocean so much...i couldn't snorkel for the life of me! your dress really does look amazing too! :)