
On the way home from Provo we decided to go to Bryce Canyon National Park since Kade and our children have never been there. The horse rides were way too expensive, but we found this saw horse with a lovely background to take pictures by.



I love this photo! Everyone is happy and I have such a cute family! I think the kids liked playing on the saw horse. We enjoyed the museum at the visitor's center, we also watch a video about Bryce Canyon.

We hiked around the rim of the canyon with the kids and listened to a Park Ranger tell us more about the park. The kids were very tired and rather grumpy. They weren't in the mood for a hike. Usually they are great to go on hikes, but this was the end of our trip and it is tough when you are tired.
Kari and I took a little hike on our own to the "Queen's Garden". I took some photos of Kari on the way. All the girls did like the hoodoos. Maybe they just like saying 'hoodoo'.


Kari was a trooper, hiking up a hard hill to get to this spot to take the photo. We were attacked by biting knats and got very itchy.

Kari took my photo. She did a good job and it will be fun having her take more photos on our trips. I love the canyon in the background, it is such a beautiful creation of God.

I taught the girls to smell Ponderosa Pine Trees. They smell like butterscotch and vanilla. It is a fun game.

Kya fell and got some scrapes on her knees. It is just tough when you are tired. Kolden took a nap in dad's arms so he was good to go.

It was a short trip, but a good first adventure in Bryce Canyon. We will go back sometime and sleep in a tepee or bring the camper and stay a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment