It was busy weekend and no one was with me at the triathlon so I had Chad take some pictures after the triathlon to document it. I waited an hour to start the race because only 20 people could swim at a time. We had timing chips on us to keep track of our time.
The swim (400 m) was good, although it was a little scary swimming in real deep water (12 1/2 feet deep). I am afraid of the water so I can only do a pool swim - not an open water swim.
The bike was awesome!!!! It was 10 miles and I conquered the hills no problem. My new road bike is so much fun and I can go really fast!
(Kade and I got road bikes on an amazing sale with our tax return money. They were normally $780.00 and we got them for $560.00. We drove up to Bountiful at 1pm one afternoon after finding out about the sale and got lost trying to find the bike shop. The shop stayed open for us 2 hours extra while we were fitted to our bikes. Then we stopped by Berke and Shelly's to say "hi" and drove home for work and school the next morning. We got home around 3:30am. We were tired, but it was worth it. The bikes are great!)
The run was very nice, although my legs were numb with cold and exhausted. I finally got my groove in the run about a third of the way through it. It was a good 5K run and I felt great after it!
We had numbers on our bikes and on our outer layer of clothing. They wrote our number with permanent marker on our arms and legs for the swim. I had to use acetone to get it off.
So, I would say Triathlons are very fun (the swimming not as much). I will probably do it again, although I really enjoy duathlons (no swimming) much much more. It was a very fun experience and I am glad I did it.
No comments:
Post a Comment