Thursday, April 23, 2009

Science: Playing and learning with DRY ICE

I had some left over dry ice from one of my science labs at school so I brought it home to let the girls play and learn with it.
We added some liquid soap and a bit of food coloring so we could have some really fun bubbles.
Kiera thought it was cool and she thought she was "SO BIG" like her sisters to get to touch the bubbles and play with it.
Kya was also very excited. We talked about chemical changes and a big word 'SUBLIMATION'.
The girls got tired of sharing so I gave them each their own little bowl with a bit of dry ice in it to enjoy. Kiera is so proud of hers.
Kya loved blowing on the carbon dioxide that the dry ice created.
Kari was a good helper and sharer with her little sisters. She makes a good little scientist too!
We love playing with dry ice. Science is so fun, especially with my girlies!

No comments: