Thursday, March 11, 2010

TUACAHN DUATHLON 2010

Kade and I raced in the Tuacahn Duathlon. Kade did the Sprint distance, which consisted of a 1.5 mile run, 13 mile bike ride, and 1.5 mile run. I did the Olympic distance which consisted of a 5 K run, 26 mile bike ride and a 5 K run.
The run was from Tuacahn down the road to Snow Canyon Park road and back. The bike went from Tuacahn down through Ivins to the second round about at 400 West then back toward Tuacahn and turning up into Snow Canyon State Park and riding almost completely through it, then back to Tuacahn.
Kade and I have mountain bikes with hybrid tires, so they aren't exactly built for speed.
Kade finished his Sprint in 1 hour 43 minutes.
I finished my Olympic in 2 hours 43 minutes.
It is great we got medals for participation. That last leg the second time through Snow Canyon Sate Park was a killer because it is all up hill.

This lady and I were going back and forth by each other and passing each other most of the race. We kept each other motivated.
We did it and it was so much fun that we want real road bikes now and to do it again next year!

No comments: