I have had some big changes in my perspective and feelings lately, about my daughters in particular. I have always thought, "Wow, I have three daughters and that is a lot!". I am very grateful to have them, but maybe not as grateful as I should have been. Last Sunday there was a baby girl blessed in our ward and it hit me right in the face that I will never have another baby girl. I was surprised at how sad I was about this. I looked at my three rowdy, but darling daughters and saw them in a whole new light. The time for them to be babies has passed and I don't want anymore time to be missed by being too busy or tired. They are growing quickly and right now I am still a cool mom to them so I need to take advantage of all the precious moments and fun times I can with them. I want so desperately for them to be happy and have great lives. I want to be a big part of that and always be there to be cheering for them on the sideline or off stage. I want to enjoy all that there is to enjoy with them and although it definitely is not easy to be a parent, my attitude is different and I value them even more than I did. I have three little diamonds that are so completely different from each other in their strengths and personalities. I have to handle each one differently, yet always showing lots of love for them. I no longer think "Wow, I have three daughters and that is a lot!" Now, I think "I only have three daughters so I better enjoy them."
I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for this change in perspective. I feel more love for them and I feel less quick to criticize them. I know this will help me to be a better mom for them. We are going to go on a girl's date this weekend and it may be a bit chaotic, but we will have a great time!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great post! I know it's all too easy for me to take my (many many) blessings for granted sometimes. Knowing that I might just have one daughter sure makes me appreciate her. Enjoy your girl's night out!
Post a Comment