Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Eve and the Cave

Every Christmas Eve we go to Pioneer Park on the Red Hill and we take shelter in the cave and read the Christmas Story from the Bible. The children were able to act out the different parts this year in some simple costumes. We all dress-up like we are people in Bethlehem and then we usually have a Shepherd's dinner. We eat flat bread, a soup, dried fruits and veggies. It is always delicious.


This year my family was in Chili for Christmas. We were able to spend lots of time with the Cheesman's. We invited Grandma and Grandpa Cheesman, Aunt Brittany and Uncle Pete's family and Uncle Cortney and Aunt Ashley's family over for Christmas dinner. I was excited to get to use our Christmas dishes and cook my first turkey. About an hour before everyone was suppose to come over I was super stressed and the turkey was not finished. I kept wondering if I was crazy. Luckily all the family was very forgiving of the turkey not being finished on time and the cramped quarters of our little home and it turned out great. We were very happy to have them to celebrate with! (Picture to come of Christmas dinner.)

No comments: