Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kya's Broken Elbow & Haircuts

We decided to get a shorter haircut for Kari and a trim for Kya so there wouldn't be so much sadness when we brush out their hair in the morning. Here is Kari and Kya before the haircuts.
Cute Kiera and Kya. Kya has a cast on her arm because she broke her elbow. Kiera and Kya were playing on the couch and Kiera pushed Kya. Kya fell over the arm of the couch onto the tile in front of the door. This was last Sunday night at bedtime and me, being the wonderful mom I am, told Kya that her arm couldn't really hurt that bad and I sent her to bed. Monday morning her arm was so swollen and she couldn't stand to have it moved or touched. She had a splint cast for two days and then got this hard pink cast that she will sport for at least 3 weeks. Poor Kya, but she has been a real trooper through it all. We love Kya!

Here is Kari demonstrating her new hair. She even styled her hair all by herself. She had particular opinions about the flower bow and wehre it would be. She is a very funny girl!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute hair! I hope Kya will be feeling all better soon.

Hillary said...

I would have done the same with Sarah at bedtime. Owies always seem to hurt more then. I'm sure Kya has already forgiven you. And I love the hair by the way. Super, Super cute.