Thursday, October 23, 2008

My hobby is "blossoming".

After our third sweet little girl, Kierana, I had some post pardom blues (they seem to get worse after each child) and I started eating like crazy - everything in sight. Well, in February I decided things needed to change and I joined Weight Watchers and started trying to find ways I enjoyed exercising. I also realized I needed a stress reliever - something to do just for me and I could learn new things. I joked that I should take up balloon twisting, and then for my birthday last March my parents-in-law gave me a pump, bag of balloons and a beginers book for twisting balloons. I started twisting and I love it! I am even making a little money off of it by doing baloon boquets, like this one. I can do fun animals and theme displays. I am going to be twisting balloons at our ward's Halloween Carnival and I've done a convention and some birthday parties. Let's be clear though, I'm no clown, I'm a TWISTER! Oh - side note. I have lost 45 pounds since February and I've learned that I love spinning classes (biking) and I've even started to enjoy runing - I know it's crazy.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is too cute!! I absolutely love it. We had so much fun seeing your new talent in action!

Jax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jax said...

Good job on the weight loss. I love Weight Watchers. When we are both un-pregnant the end of 2009, we'll have to encourage each other!